Our Games
Ever since I saw this post on Andrew's Blog I've wanted to do an answer post.
As I just rearranged the game closet after we couldn't find "Apples to Apples (Bible version) when Marie and Rebecca were here, I decided to take pictures of the final product so I could do this post.
I couldn't back up far enough to get it all in one shot, so I had to take a few to capture them all.




Andrew listed all of his games, the number of players and general description of the game, but I don't have that kind of time. (read: I choose not to do that.)
I will however list my favorites.
1) Bible Outburst. - This game challenges our bible knowledge. It's a heap of fun with others.
2) Turbo Cranium. - Great party game. Heaps of fun.
3) Apples to Apples - Another great party game. Compare things that really aren't equal with each other. Someone judges all the responses and picks the best one. The more creative you are with things that aren't really similiar to make them similar the better your chances of winning. This game is typically hilarious.
4) Wordsters. - When the fam was down a few weeks ago this game got rather intense. You have to make words that contain a group of three letters. The letters don't have to be right next to each other, but they have to be chronological in the word. (Ex: TIN - "tine" is acceptable as well as "intrinsic") Then you go around the room reading your words one at a time. If others have your word, they cross it off and you get two points. So choose your most common words first. It's amazing how uncommon words you think are common are.
5) Mad Gab. - I put this in because it's one of AnnaMay's favorites. The Bible edition is fun, but it's NIV oriented instead of KJV, so for a KJV guy, it'll throw you off.
Those are probably the top 5 anyhow.
I look forward one day to hanging with Andrew and his wife and playing games. Even tho we hardly know each other, if we're ever out that way, I expect an invite...if you're ever here...GAME NIGHT!!!
As I just rearranged the game closet after we couldn't find "Apples to Apples (Bible version) when Marie and Rebecca were here, I decided to take pictures of the final product so I could do this post.
I couldn't back up far enough to get it all in one shot, so I had to take a few to capture them all.
Andrew listed all of his games, the number of players and general description of the game, but I don't have that kind of time. (read: I choose not to do that.)
I will however list my favorites.
1) Bible Outburst. - This game challenges our bible knowledge. It's a heap of fun with others.
2) Turbo Cranium. - Great party game. Heaps of fun.
3) Apples to Apples - Another great party game. Compare things that really aren't equal with each other. Someone judges all the responses and picks the best one. The more creative you are with things that aren't really similiar to make them similar the better your chances of winning. This game is typically hilarious.
4) Wordsters. - When the fam was down a few weeks ago this game got rather intense. You have to make words that contain a group of three letters. The letters don't have to be right next to each other, but they have to be chronological in the word. (Ex: TIN - "tine" is acceptable as well as "intrinsic") Then you go around the room reading your words one at a time. If others have your word, they cross it off and you get two points. So choose your most common words first. It's amazing how uncommon words you think are common are.
5) Mad Gab. - I put this in because it's one of AnnaMay's favorites. The Bible edition is fun, but it's NIV oriented instead of KJV, so for a KJV guy, it'll throw you off.
Those are probably the top 5 anyhow.
I look forward one day to hanging with Andrew and his wife and playing games. Even tho we hardly know each other, if we're ever out that way, I expect an invite...if you're ever here...GAME NIGHT!!!

Very impressive! I like to take pictures of my oranized projects...that way, theoretically, I could just look at the picture to fine where everything should go when it gets messy. I want to try that word game; our family LOVES games!
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:27 PM
Very impressive. If you ever do make it up this way, we will definitely have you over for some fellowship and games. Nice to see you have some classics, and some that we don't have.
Enjoyed the post. Thanks for the link.
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:03 PM
By the way, KJV is the only way to go!
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:47 AM
Just reliving some of the old posts and tracked it back to this one which was a response to my game post.
At the time you posted this, I hadn't played Apples to Apples, but have since. I have to admit, it is not on my top list of games, although it is perfect for a party or way to get to know each other, have some laughs.
I guess having some control and direct influence is a big part of what I look for in a game, and this one is way too chaotic for any kind of control.
My game collection has gone up by at least one or two games and a number of expansions, and will likely go up again over Christmas. Woo!
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:10 PM
Post a Comment