« Home | We've arrived!! » | Packed and ready to go!! » | Thanks to my family! » | Travelling with Technology » | Christmas greetings from Zion and Riah » | MMM.... Jerky » | Tile Tiles » | No BBQ » | Zion's Recital » | Books, INERV effort, and other general updates. »

We're Back!

Ok, ok, so there wasn't really too many "live updates". Next time we'll have to see if we can do better, and perhaps we can rig up a "Trevor Cam" as my good buddy Joe suggested.

You can see the updates of many of the highlights of the trip over on Wife's Blog

I guess I'll finish up the adventures of the return trip.

We departed the West Palm Beach area around noon on the 1st. It was the start of quite a long drive back, as the travel time is around 18 hours total. My goal again was my halfway point, and free room, in Tifton, GA. Bro David Sumner has got to be one of the finest people on earth, not to mention he has these bass ponds. HE REALLY tempted me with staying around an extra day, but I figured we should probably head back.

Before we arrived in Tifton however, we stopped to eat dinner with a friend a little farther north in Florida. IT was the first time we actually met her, however we've been fellowshipping quite a bit online.

Shortly after dinner, we hopped on the road again. We got about another 30 miles, and it started to rain. As we came up the rise on an overpass, we saw break lights everywhere. I tried to stop, but I knew there would be no way I could in time. Checking my shoulder, there was no one in the right lane, so I merged/swerved into the right, and then into the break down lane. Thank God for keeping us safe!!

The slow down was because of this wreck and as I was in the breakdown lane already, I stopped to help. The man looked badly hurt, and the woman was being helped out the sun roof of the over turned vehicle as I got there. Not being an EMT or anything, there wasn't much I could do. I grabbed the mans hand and prayed for him, being a son of God, I figured that was best anyhow. I haven't found any reports on how the couple is, but I just feel there was a reason I had to swerve into that lane. Had I not, I wouldn't have prayed for that man. God knows all about it.

We finally made it to GA, and spent the night there. The next morning was uneventful as we pretty much just got up and headed out. By 7PM that evening, we were on the home stretch. As we crossed the Kentucky line, I was thinking..."the home stretch, 2ish hours to go". Then I noticed how dim my headlights were. "Odd, I thought...they should be brighter than that. Hey! What happened to my tachometer?? Why is everyone speeding by like I'm nothing if I'm doing 70? Drat...electrical failure!!" As you can tell, it wasn't long before we were on the side of the road.

Thankfully, some friends rescued us and got us home that night. The next day I rescued the van and towed it home. My mechanic buddy replaced the alternator for me, and we're all good.

I guess that's about all to say, the only thing else I can think of that I failed to mention was on the way down we stopped at a McD's that was out of nuggets. How can a McD's run out of nuggets??

Tune in next time for more "ADVENTURES OF TREvOR AND ANNAMAY!!!!!!!!"

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile