« Home | Sunday and return... » | Saturday's update!! » | Friday afternoon update. » | Travelling to Tucson » | Hi » | Witness » | Happy Birthday Dad!!!!! » | Trip to Science Museum » | Geocaching with the boys » | New website »

Motivation

ARGH!!! I have no motivation today. I have stuff I really want to get done.

I want to create my cool little calendar application I can call my own and use on all the web pages I do that require a calendar.

You know, the groovy little popup calendars that you get on airline websites...I want to create one of those for myself. A couple other things to finish too, I've written some really great web app stuff lately.

In other news, my truck is very sick at the moment. It doesn't want to go in reverse, so Mr. Transmission is supposed to tell me today what it's going to need.

Also last week my Ipod died. Hopefully apple replaces it for me.

GOOD NEWS THO!! The riding lawn mower that stopped "going" last week, started going this week once George got the belt back on for me. I tried for all I was worth to get that stupid belt on. George is just a real man. But he can't type 70 WPM! But anyhow, Praise God that wasn't an expensive fix!

So Saturday I got the lawn mowed and aerated. The weekend before I got the big dirt tunnel mound leveled out (from the sewer line repair last year), and threw out grass seed. The rains we've been getting have been so torrential tho, I think it's carried away all my grass seed, or at least pooled it all up in small patches. I still have a little raking to do on the dirt to get it the way I want, and there are some spots in our yard I want to dig up for water drainage. Water drainage could be a big problem in our area I think so I am trying to reinvent the topology of our side yard to maximize water flow to the back of the property where the storm drain resides.

Still not sure why we are getting water in the crawl space. last night I ran the sump pump to ensure our basement doesn't flood. What is it with Emond households and basement flooding? It's about as consistent of a thing as it raining when Emond's go tent camping. I don't know if we are getting water from outside, or if it's just coming up from the ground. I'm going to have to invest in a permanent sump pump with battery backup and everything for the crawl space. That should take care of things, but an even better solution would be one that forbid the water from even coming INTO the crawl space...albiet, the latter solution sounds expensive to me.

Lord willing, the truck wont be TOO terribly expensive to fix, and I may be able to afford a sump pump. Sooo much to do...soo little money to do it with.

Anyhoo...guess I really need to get going on things today.

So that's an update for me lately... See ya'll!

Gutters!

Do you have gutters? If so, clean them. A lot of water coming into the house comes from off the roof. If you don't have gutters, make sure that the water flows away from your foundation.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile