« Home | Happy Birthday Dad!!!!! » | Trip to Science Museum » | Geocaching with the boys » | New website » | I think my soda's room temp-era-ture... » | After the SD trip » | Sitting at the red light. » | Which way? » | Sunday and the Trip home. (SD trip part IV) » | A Geocache, Mt Rushmore, and Church. (SD trip part... »

Witness

The Scene: Our house on a cold Monday morning.

Background info: AnnaMay went to the doctor's office Monday morning for her checkup. The van was getting it's brakes worked on so I stayed home half the day so AnnaMay could still make this appointment. The boys were wrestling around that morning while I tried to put the finishing touches on a website I had been working on. Azariah was running around with the plastic "Sword of the Spirit" and of course, Zion found the stick we use for the sliding glass door security, and was using it as his "gun". I told Zion to put it back. His reply was that all his gun didn't have batteries anymore, so he threw it away, so now he needed that. I said, well, you can't use the stick...maybe later we can get you a new gun or another sword or something. SO he finally relented.

Suddenly....the door bell rings. I get up to answer the door, and lo and behold it's a nice lady carrying a Bible and a book. She tells me that I (yes, even me!) can be close to God, and she shows me the scripture "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you". Then she tells me that it's not audacious to think that I (yes, even me!) can be a friend of God. After all, Abraham was a friend of God, so why can't I be?

Of course, I'm quoting the scripture right along with her, she doesn't need to show me...I could have continued with the "Draw nigh" scripture with "cleanse your hands ye sinners and purify your hearts ye double minded..."

Enter: Two blonded headed boys.

All of a sudden, Azariah pokes his head through the door, with his sword at the ready! Zion of course follows, close behind. Zion says something like..."Hey, Daddy is going to get me a new sword and gun later!!!"

Forget any spiritual conversation after that. Forget asking the nice lady if she thinks that Jesus is God, or just Jehovah. I accept the nice book she gives me, and she says maybe she'll drop by to see what I think of it later on. Maybe when she comes back, the boys will be good little boys that don't seem all that interested in fighting and weaponry.

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile