Green Slimey Guys
Yesterday evening I spent a couple hours raking and shoveling more dirt around. I'm trying to reinvent the topology of the side yard to maximize water flow. The rains we've been getting have been torrential and I really don't want the basement to ever flood again, so I'm taking matters into my hands. It's a little slow, but I'm making headway. A tiller would help I think. The boys were out helping me tho, Zion is now not scared of worms, although Azariah still doesn't want to hold one.
Joeboy, thanks for the comment about the gutters, I believe you are correct and I need to do some work on getting the water flow farther from the house. Hey, I just realized...you're going to be here in June dude.. AHHHH!!! Sweet, someone else to rake dirt with me.
Anyhoo... While I was doing dishes yesterday, Zion and Azariah were fighting off/hiding from "green slimey guys". I'm not sure where they came up with green slimey guys. It is perhaps from one of my computer games where one of the guys shoots a green bolt out and whatever he hits turns to slime. The graphics are so horrible on this game from like 1992 tho, I'm surprised he even noticed. Makes you consider what you watch/play in front of your kids ya know? Anyhow...so finally one of the "green slimey guys" got Zion. He was dead...
I asked, "are you dead?"
"yeah, one of the green slimey guys got me"
"oh, I said...that's terrible"
A minute or so later of course he was up and walking around.
I said, "Hey, you're not dead anymore"
"Yeah," He said, "that's because Jesus healed me."
I think, even at his young age, he understands the concept of divine healing. Even from green slimey guys. It was pretty funny stuff tho.
Joeboy, thanks for the comment about the gutters, I believe you are correct and I need to do some work on getting the water flow farther from the house. Hey, I just realized...you're going to be here in June dude.. AHHHH!!! Sweet, someone else to rake dirt with me.
Anyhoo... While I was doing dishes yesterday, Zion and Azariah were fighting off/hiding from "green slimey guys". I'm not sure where they came up with green slimey guys. It is perhaps from one of my computer games where one of the guys shoots a green bolt out and whatever he hits turns to slime. The graphics are so horrible on this game from like 1992 tho, I'm surprised he even noticed. Makes you consider what you watch/play in front of your kids ya know? Anyhow...so finally one of the "green slimey guys" got Zion. He was dead...
I asked, "are you dead?"
"yeah, one of the green slimey guys got me"
"oh, I said...that's terrible"
A minute or so later of course he was up and walking around.
I said, "Hey, you're not dead anymore"
"Yeah," He said, "that's because Jesus healed me."
I think, even at his young age, he understands the concept of divine healing. Even from green slimey guys. It was pretty funny stuff tho.

Praise God Brother! So good to hear Zion is better, after his bout with the Green Slimy Guys! Whew!
You know, you can shield your kids from a lot, but not everything. It does pay to know what they are watching and to filter it carefully, though.
I know I'm going to have to be careful with the XBOX games I play, when little eyes are watching. Not that what I play is bad, but there is a type of game that is fun and fine for kids, and there are those that are likely to be to intense for them (like some of the shooter games that I enjoy).
But you know, you are doing something right, because Zion knows that Jesus is the healer! Even in his imaginary world, though there may be Green Slimy Guys that can get you there, Jesus is still the same!
That puts a smile on my face!
Take care and God bless you and yours!
PS. If you read this post before 3:30PM Thursday (4-6-06), Pray for me as I go into an interview for a new job!
Posted by
Anthony Bryant |
9:03 AM
Post a Comment