Produce, fireworks, and puzzles
I thought I would update everyone with the latest on our very fine garden this year. Would you check out this lettuce below!! WOW!!
We had some great lettuce this year, it's been very tasty, very low fat, very low cal, very good for me!
And then, let's talk about our corn. It's been just demolished it was SOOO good.
Or so I'm told. I wouldn't know. You'd have to ask those squirrels in the yard that I used to think were kinda cute and fun to have around. I think they only spent about 2-3 days to eat the ears clean like this.
Here's a shot of some of the fireworks on the 4th of July. I did a great montage this year with Bro Branham talking about being an American, I had some patriotic snare drum type music behind him, and just as he crescendos with "declared that we are independent" I had some big inspiring hero type music queue in, (standard youtube link disclaimer), and just as it crescendo'd I lit off some big fireworks. The timing was near perfect, and it was inspiringly cool!!!
On the 3rd we went to the Creation Museum again. Had a great time, the special effects theatre show was a romp. Good times. AnnaMay bought the puzzle we'd been wanting with some of her sewing money. It took us 2.5 hours to put it together. Noah helped a bit too. (not the Noah from the Bible, my buddy Noah who was up from Florida)





Lettuce is nice to grow, especially if you have the space for it, and can get good quality plants.
We just have tomato plants this year, in pots, and they're growing rapidly in our nice summer weather (finally). One shorter one just bent over yesterday, and I'm not sure it will survive. Could have been lack of water, or it couldn't take the weight of the tomatos. Funny, the plant came with instructions that it didn't need stakes, but perhaps that assumed it would be planted in the ground, not in a pot. I've put it out with the shrubs on some uneven ground where it might be able to act more like a vine and trail along the ground.
About your puzzles, we have the Roll-O-Puzz as well, but I found it hard to work on, as the pieces do not slide. I guess that's the point, but if you need to shift things around, it's hard to do.
There is this one Tower Of Babel puzzle I saw years ago. It's gigantic, and about 8000 pieces, and about $200. Now that would be a project!
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:52 AM
Yeah, Roll-o-puzz was kind of annoying in that respect as well.
I really didn't htink we'd finish it in 2 hours, let alone 1 day, so I wanted to do it on that.
I haven't done a puzzle since the last blog post that has a picture of the puzzle on it...not sure when that was.
The reason I don't do them often, is because kids wont leave it alone, s'why I bought roll-o-puzz, thought it would enable me to actually start doing puzzles again!
Posted by
Bro Trevor |
12:34 PM
Post a Comment