Happy Birthday Sweetie!
We left the kids with Grandma and went out for a nice dinner. I had a gift card for Cheesecake factory, so we decided that would be great.
Wow! What a meal. I had the "Bang-bang shrimp and chicken" and AnnaMay had the "Shrimp Scampi and Steak Diana" combo. Both were very tasty!
The cheesecake was excellent. This was probably the best cheesecake I've ever had. Honestly, I just kinda figured they wouldn't really have good cheesecake. I mean, they SHOULD have good cheesecake, but I just kinda figured, they wouldn't. I didn't think they'd live up to their name, but the cheesecake was excellent.
The only thing that makes me scratch my head, is for a restaurant that is as fancy as that one is, and I'll admit, it's not OVERLY fancy - I don't feel like I'd be out of place in a t-shirt and jeans there, but I didn't expect the butter for the free bread to come in the little "land o' lakes" packets. You know, the little rectangle ones. The ones that if they are cold, wont spread, and if you try to spread it, it will shred your bread to smitherines. (I don't think I've ever typed the word smitherines in my life before...it's kinda neat).
Anyhoo... I just expected whipped butter in a little dish with a cute lil butter knife, but we got packets. How hard would it be for them to do the butter in a dish thing? It's fancy enough for that, the little packets felt so diner-ish.
But not to dwell on that, the food was excellent! Best dinner I've had in quite awhile. I actually can't remember the last time I enjoyed my food that much.
After dinner, we strolled through the St. Matthews mall, in search of a gift of some kind for my lovely wife. We stopped at Williams-Sonoma(I just love that store) and I bought a nut-chopper!! Mom used to have one of these, and every time I need chopped nuts I wish I had it. It's the cool kind with the crank, and the jar underneath. Not the cheap kind that has a plunger on it and you bang it down into the waiting nuts below, killing your wrist and not doing a good job of chopping nuts.
Nut ChopperWe walked around some more, and stopped by a Kay Jewelery, to find out yet again, that jewelry is just so expensive! AnnaMay would like a mother necklace with birthstones of each of the kids. One day we'll do that sweetie!!
Then we stopped by GNC on the way out, and I got some vitamins that I hope will help my knee not hurt, and keep me healthy and strong!!
Saturday will be an exciting day, as I go get One of these. That I've been wanting for a very long time now. Don't worry, I found a SUPER deal on a used one. Gotta love Craigslist sometimes.
Well, guess that's all for now! Happy Birthday Sweetie!!

I love the Cheesecake factory. I have especially fond memories of the one under the Hancock Tower in Chicago, on a bizness trip. I was starving, and whatever I ordered was awesome. And a large helping, too, but I still managed some cheesecake!
Nice exercise machine! I hope you got a good deal! :-)
And nice nut chopper. I approve. But I think I would be tempted to chop nuts even if I didn't need any. Do you ever tiptoe to the kitchen in the middle of the night for some clandestine nut chopping?
Posted by
Bob B |
10:47 AM
Post a Comment