Produce!!
See how big our corn is getting?? It's taller than Zion. We're very excited about having sweet corn this year. I just hope the squirrels don't decide to eat it before it's ripe and time to pick.
The Cilantro is doing well. I cut some tonight to make salsa. I'll do another post on that I'm sure. Providing the salsa actually turns out ok. It's cooling in the fridge right now.
The rabbits have left the beans alone this year, and they appear to be doing very well themselves. The bow case on the deck must be an effective rabbit deterrent.
This lettuce is looking ready to go. Salad anyone? Wraps? You name it. It's looking great.
The rest of the garden is looking good too. I planted too early this year. It was still a bit too cold for some of the veggies. It never frosted, but I think the soil was still too cold for somethings to grow. I'll have to replant rhubarb, and maybe raspberries. This will be like the 3rd year in a row I haven't gotten raspberries to work, but I keep trying.
I replanted my squash, zucchini, and cucumber, and all three of those are doing nicely now too. The peppers have survived, I am hardening them right now, and they'll be transplanted to the ground before too long.


Nice garden! I have to say, you're way ahead of us. I just got all of my plants in the ground yesterday.
How much corn did you plant? I read somewhere that you had to plant at least 100 seeds for it to pollinate. Ours failed last year, apparently because we planted too little. Yours looks great!
Posted by
New Mommy |
2:11 PM
Got a good salsa recipe? I've been thinking about making some fresh salsa this year for BBQ's and parties but haven't done it before and would like some recommendations.
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:37 PM
Wow! Your garden looks awesome!! Mine is doing pretty well too. I have lots of green tomatoes! I can hardly wait for them to ripen. My peppers are looking great also. I am growing beans on my deck this year b/c I got so tired of the rabbits eating them up, but they definetly produse more in the ground. Keep up the good work!
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:50 PM
Post a Comment