« Home | Happy Birthday Sweetie! » | Other Happenings of recent past » | Florida Trip » | That really could have stunk! » | Vacation - The next day. » | Vacation! » | Reminds me of Abraham and Sarah » | Zion's Memorization Skills » | New techie post up. Reach for Kids » | Summer things I haven't blogged about yet. Part 3 »

-52 in 52

Today is the day.

It is the day I am starting -52 in 52!!

What is -52 in 52 you ask? I'll tell you!

This is my plan for the next 52 weeks. I will be losing 1 lb a week, for 52 weeks. And blogging about it here. If I don't lose 52 lbs in 52 weeks, then all my tens and tens of readers will know that I can't keep a goal, and that will be totally humiliating to me.

That, combined with my desire to feel better, will be motivation enough to make this work.

Also, AnnaMay and I bought a new elliptical trainer (a slighty different model, but that one is close). We've been working out on it faithfully now for 2 weeks. Getting in at least 3 nights a week. We're both very motivated to continue, I don't see this machine becoming a clothes hanger in the near future!

Also, to help with this momentous occasion, we bought a new scale on Saturday. I knew the old one was a bit off, but didn't realize it was as far off as it was!! It's the scales fault I got this heavy...just so you all know.

SO, I know the question on everyones mind. How will we know if you've achieved -52 in 52. You need parameters, benchmarks, etc.

To save you the old "before" and "after" pictures, or pictures of me holding up my old huge pants, I thought I'd just give you the numerical statistics.

As of this morning, I am currently weighing in at 277 lbs, this includes 34% body fat as determined by the new scale, as well as 49% hydration something or other. It's a fancy scale.

So, that means, by 03/03/09 I will be 225, and I'm not sure what body fat % that is going to be, but hopefully it will be SUBSTANTIALLY less.

Sorry Dad, I might not be able to celebrate your birthday in the traditional fashion like I've done the last couple years. If I had others to help eat the whole pan, it might not be so bad.

I'm kick starting the plan, to give me a good head start in case there are some weeks that are not so good. And, if I start my first week, with a really tough diet, it'll be smooth sailing after that. So this week, I'm starting on the soup diet.

Good bye tummy.

Labels:

You are funny man! :)

Good deal Trevor! Any plans for lifting some weights? It might be something to think about as with cardio you burn calories for 2 hours after you stop working out, but with anarobic exercise (weights or resistance training) your body burns calories for 48 hours. Plus, every lb of muscle mass you have burns 7 calories per hour in a resting state.

So...it's been 8 days. Do we get an update?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile