« Home | Books, INERV effort, and other general updates. » | I'm so so sorry!! » | Tilling, digging, and no deer. » | Finished it!! » | The october blues. » | Current Events » | The Yard Sale » | Labor Day Weekend » | Yellow Yellow in my wall, do you have a jacket?? ... » | Our 6th Anniverary »

Zion's Recital

Ok, so I finally found a piece of software to convert .MOV files to .WMV files so that I can make them small enough to post here. I also decided I need to just write my own app to do this too. I wonder how? If some other guy that can barely write about his product in English can do it and get 30 bucks a liscense, surely I can. I digress...this is about Zion's recital, not my techie woes.

So, Zion had his first piano recital this weekend. I made sure I was home from my INERV early enough to be there. The piano teacher apologized profusely knowing that it was a very big INERV saturday in the state. I'll let it slide this year.

Anyhow, Zion did very well, as did many of the kids. As I watched some of the older ones perform, I was very hopeful that Zion will be as good at that age. I hope he'll stick with it, as I feel it will be a valueable skill to have in his older life.

Anyhow, here it is!






Hit the play button.



------------------------------------------


Oh, and I was successful in my INERV efforts this weekend. Steve and I joined the other volunteers in the state, and had a good time in the morning. As I told Steve, there's something very manly feeling about walking up a hill from washing your hands in a REALLY cold pond, wearing a white shirt and camo pants and it's only 50ish degrees out. This is of course after "cleaning" the wildlife that has just been effectively managed.

The eco-system in our state is now more balanced thanks to our efforts and the efforts of others. I look forward to the next few more weekends.

(Mid post subliminal message....don't forget about my Christmas list... about right there
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->)

Here's a picture or 2.






The rest of the weekend was spent getting the Emond/Toy deer processing machine going. I have a nice cut in my finger to prove it. Instead of being upset about it tho, I'm rather proud of how sharp I got that knife.


----------------------------

Church was good over the weekend. We had our annual elections which resulted in everything being the same. There were only a few that voted contrarily to any of the currently held positions.

Sunday night was an excellent service in which we heard "Thirsting for life". You can read a quote my wife really liked over on her blog. Another quote of note in that message is:

But in principle, we ought to stand, one great, mighty, army of God marching on, because each one of you in your peculiarity, God has proved that He's ignoring your doctrine, because He give you the Holy Ghost. And the Bible said, "He gave--give them the Holy Ghost that obeyed Him."
Now, if I obeyed Him in my peculiar way, and you obeyed Him in your peculiar way, He give us both the Holy Ghost, so we ought to be Christian brethren and sister enough, to arm up together and march on for one great purpose, the Gospel.
Guess that's about it for this update! Bye for now!

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile