« Home | Current Events » | The Yard Sale » | Labor Day Weekend » | Yellow Yellow in my wall, do you have a jacket?? ... » | Our 6th Anniverary » | Hiking with the Gene » | The passing of a soldier and friend. » | Glorianna... » | Dig n Eat Crawfish!! » | Steve's Wedding Stuff »

The october blues.

There's always a sad day in October. Unless of course I close the pool early like I tried to do this year, but didn't get it done. In which case of course, it would be a sad day in September, but I digress.

So this evening, I played the part of SUPER-DAD again.

Yes, after volunteering yesterday for the state of Indiana, taking my position as an ecological restoration volunteer, (I help manage and control wildlife populations)
AnnaMay decided that this evening was her night off. So, I took the kids, (yes, all three!) and she went out shopping for a few items of which she required.

I had something I needed to get done however, as I did not want it to conflict with further with my INERV status. (I'm a rather commited volunteer). I needed to get the pool closed, so that I wouldn't have to buy more chemical. So, I took the bouncy seat outside and set Glorianna in it. I made it through most of the leaf gathering and vacuuming before she started getting cranky. So I held her in one arm, and bludgeoned the vacuum pole with the other. When it was all said and done, Glorianna was still happy, and the pool looked better than it has most of the summer.

Afterwards, I took the boys for a short walk, of course still carrying Glorianna, and then before AnnaMay got home, I got the boys in the bath, washed up, out, dried, and in jammies. AnnaMay took Glorianna for a bit after that, while I put the boys to bed, and then went out to put the cover over the pool. This was one thing I couldn't do while holding Glorianna. Although I admit, I would have probably tried. Of course, after the pool cover was done, I then took Glorianna to put her to sleep.


I think AnnaMay has been enjoying her much needed and deserved break. She needs to rest as INERV season is now upon us, and I will be spending most of my saturday's with the wildlife population management folks here in Southern Indiana.

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile