The Yard Sale
Why oh why didn't I put out a fleece! Maybe the grass wouldn't be so wet.
Finally, someone showed up...oh, wait... it was 7:30, and we weren't even ready yet. They said they'd come back later. About ten after 8 we were finally set up. I was still cleaning things that were for sale. I thought no one was going to show up. Around 9:30 we had our first couple cars show up.
Hey!! We just made 5 bucks!! It's our first 5 dollars. Sadly, my first customer declined to be photographed for the purpose of blogging. Thanks alot Rachel! - enjoy the skirts tho.
9:40 - 2 more cars showed up. Looks like one of them is buying some clothes.
And now, for your visual enjoyment, here's a picture of all the ju... err stuff.
9:50 - $3.50!! We're raking it in now!!
I forgot to say, I did pray this morning that God would send along the people that needed good kids clothes that were cheap. There's lots of people out there who need cheaps kids clothes. I know, we used to (and pretty much still do) need cheap clothes for the kids, so I know what that's like.
Here's me at the yard sale, blogging and chatting with Alysa.

Update: 11:08. 2 more people have bought stuff. One lady bought a bunch of kids clothes and a kid swing. The other bought some clothes, and the little girl that was with her, took "Bruce" the dinosaur.
Total so far... 29.25!
Ok, it's almost noon. No action for an hour. The sun is out now, and drying up some of the dew. That helps. A small breeze is also drying things. I'm thinking most of this stuff we're going to be boxing back up in a few hours.
This kinda feels like deer hunting... You know, sitting in a tree stand all morning waiting for a deer to walk by. Sometimes just when you abandon all hope of ever seeing a deer come by, one does. Perhaps this will happen today.
Somebody come buy something... PLEASE!! I don't even think much of our free box is gone even.
12:40 The deer just came by. Wham! We sold the kids' wagon that they never would ride in. I got an offer on this earlier for 10 bucks, but I wanted 15. AnnaMay told me to put 20 on it if I wanted to get 15 out of it. So, the next person that came along told me if I'd come down on it, she'd think about it. I told her "how bout 15"?? Praise God! She took it. NOW, what will I put under the deck?
So the total after the stroller, and thank the Lord they bought that Thomas the train DVD, is 47.80!!
Now if someone will just come by and buy that extra pool pump and filter.
6:34 PM - Well, we obviously closed up the yard sale around 3 PM. Nothing after 12:40 in sales.
I counted the money, and somehow we ended up with 54.00 for the day. Not too shabby since we had less than 2 dozen people stop by. I'm not exactly sure how I ended up with 47.80 earlier. Perhaps my math skills were being tainted by my wet toes from the dew, and the later hot sun.
Now were gonna probably grab a burger and fries somewhere and go to a little league ball game.
Hope ya'll are having a great weekend.


Post a Comment