Current Events
It rained Friday. All day while I was at work... it rained. One of the guys at work commented he say pairs of animals gathering it was raining so much.
So I got home from work, and checked the crawl space. Mostly dry! woohoo! That evening however...was a different story...
It began suddenly... the lightning...the thunder all around. The rain... oh the rain! How it rained...and rained... It came down like...like... well, is there anything that can be compared to how fast it was coming down?
I threw the submergible pump into the crawl space and plugged er in. It kept up with the water very well, and kept it well below the foundation line of the basement.
About 30 minutes later I returned to the basement to find that water was coming in through the walkout basement door!! Blast!! At least now I know that's an issue.
I thank the Lord I was home for this flooding and could see where the water was coming in at. I am now able to rectify the problem we've had these 3 times starting in November last year. I also know this was the worst storm of the 3, and the basement flooded the least because of all the work I've done at channeling water away to date. Now, I believe I know what I have to do to fix it.
Saturday after waking up around 10AM, because I didn't go to sleep till 3, I went out to get some rocks, and sandbags. There was supposed to be another storm, and I was going to be prepared.
I doubt I need the sandbags...but after sucking water out of the carpet 3 times, I'm not looking forward to ever doing it again, and you can never be too careful I guess.
---------
In other news, George got my bow redone. I got a bit longer of a string, and George up the poundage a little. I also went with a 1 in shorter arrow, and lighter carbon. So, with the extra draw, the lighter and shorter arrows, they should be flying off that bow in speeds I had only previously dreamed of.
He also put on a "kisser" button, and I think so far I really like it. My accuracy is unimpeded, and I should be able to do much better in "lower-light" scenarios since I wont have to look through a small "peep sight". Can't wait till next Monday evening when I will don on the camo.
I spent a hour or so resighting for all the adjustments that were made. This is a good thing too, because I need the practice drawing more poundage back... strengthen's the ol shoulders.
--------
Why can't I write things in a funny way like Bob?
---------
SisTrev is probably very happy about the new dryer we got this weekend about now. Monday is usually the wash day, and having a dryer that works is usually very helpful. We got that in last night.
----------
Ah yes, we spent Saturday evening with George and Sharon too. A very nice time of relaxing. We brought over brownies and ice cream, worked on Faith's geometry. I still liked my answer better...
My answer: "You are unable to prove using angles 4 and 8 that lines L and M are parrellel, as angles 4 and 8 only affect 1 line and a transversal. In order to prove a parrallel, you must have angles affecting both lines."
George's answer: "The answer is, you can't"
Later we spoke on spiritual topics as I again tried to relay what has been on my heart lately. I realized that I'm apparently a very ineffective communicator. Or else I'm just weird. But it sure helped getting all that out... We love you guys!
Anyhoo...guess that's about it from me.
Later!
So I got home from work, and checked the crawl space. Mostly dry! woohoo! That evening however...was a different story...
It began suddenly... the lightning...the thunder all around. The rain... oh the rain! How it rained...and rained... It came down like...like... well, is there anything that can be compared to how fast it was coming down?
I threw the submergible pump into the crawl space and plugged er in. It kept up with the water very well, and kept it well below the foundation line of the basement.
About 30 minutes later I returned to the basement to find that water was coming in through the walkout basement door!! Blast!! At least now I know that's an issue.
I thank the Lord I was home for this flooding and could see where the water was coming in at. I am now able to rectify the problem we've had these 3 times starting in November last year. I also know this was the worst storm of the 3, and the basement flooded the least because of all the work I've done at channeling water away to date. Now, I believe I know what I have to do to fix it.
Saturday after waking up around 10AM, because I didn't go to sleep till 3, I went out to get some rocks, and sandbags. There was supposed to be another storm, and I was going to be prepared.
I doubt I need the sandbags...but after sucking water out of the carpet 3 times, I'm not looking forward to ever doing it again, and you can never be too careful I guess.
---------
In other news, George got my bow redone. I got a bit longer of a string, and George up the poundage a little. I also went with a 1 in shorter arrow, and lighter carbon. So, with the extra draw, the lighter and shorter arrows, they should be flying off that bow in speeds I had only previously dreamed of.
He also put on a "kisser" button, and I think so far I really like it. My accuracy is unimpeded, and I should be able to do much better in "lower-light" scenarios since I wont have to look through a small "peep sight". Can't wait till next Monday evening when I will don on the camo.
I spent a hour or so resighting for all the adjustments that were made. This is a good thing too, because I need the practice drawing more poundage back... strengthen's the ol shoulders.
--------
Why can't I write things in a funny way like Bob?
---------
SisTrev is probably very happy about the new dryer we got this weekend about now. Monday is usually the wash day, and having a dryer that works is usually very helpful. We got that in last night.
----------
Ah yes, we spent Saturday evening with George and Sharon too. A very nice time of relaxing. We brought over brownies and ice cream, worked on Faith's geometry. I still liked my answer better...
My answer: "You are unable to prove using angles 4 and 8 that lines L and M are parrellel, as angles 4 and 8 only affect 1 line and a transversal. In order to prove a parrallel, you must have angles affecting both lines."
George's answer: "The answer is, you can't"
Later we spoke on spiritual topics as I again tried to relay what has been on my heart lately. I realized that I'm apparently a very ineffective communicator. Or else I'm just weird. But it sure helped getting all that out... We love you guys!
Anyhoo...guess that's about it from me.
Later!

Every time your basement floods, just think how much character you're building!
I'm afraid to say that as soon as I graduated, I successfully purged all of my Math learnin' from my consciousness (sp?). It was takin' up too much space anyway. 8-0
Good stuff. :-)
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:12 PM
Post a Comment