« Home | I'm so so sorry!! » | Tilling, digging, and no deer. » | Finished it!! » | The october blues. » | Current Events » | The Yard Sale » | Labor Day Weekend » | Yellow Yellow in my wall, do you have a jacket?? ... » | Our 6th Anniverary » | Hiking with the Gene »

Books, INERV effort, and other general updates.

Greetings faithful readers,

I understand that many of you have been upset by the lack of posts lately, and I apologize of course. I realize that this blog provides you with humor and wit, as well as a look into our lives of course, and that is nothing to be taken lightly.

That being said, just how interesting can our day to day lives really be??

I've been working alot, have some side stuff I've been working on. A mail server mostly. My idea is to set up a mail server that checks outgoing mail first by IP filtering, then by spam, then have a feature to accept any authentication header, whether I know the password or not. It sounds insecure, but I have a very peculiar implementation need than most mail servers are utilized in.

I'm updating the books links on the side here in a bit. I finished Ted Dekker's "Showdown". It was a good book once you get past the first half. Ted has a tendency to make his bad guys REALLY bad to set the stage to bring back grace into the picture. He's still a phenomenal writer, but not always for the faint of heart. For good Ted Dekker, try out the circle trilogy, "Black", "Red", and "white". Since reading "Showdown", AnnaMay and I have been reading a historical fiction series based on Hezekiah, by Lynn Austin. The first book "Gods and Kings" was pretty good. The second one so far is better.

The INERV effort has been going ok, I have yet to really actively do my part, but that's hardly my fault. I've tried, but I lack enough time to volunteer...and so I'm not as practiced. Two weekends ago, I tried three times to do my part to effectively control populations, but I missed each time. This weekend, I had one opportunity, but decided not to take it. The mandate of the effort is to control the older population, and let the younger, much smaller population flourish.

Steve decided he would like to join in on the INERV effort, and cashed in on in-law relatives to find some land for us to do our volunteering. We went out yesterday and shot in my shotgun and muzzleloader. Steve will use my muzzleloader and I'll hunt shotgun I think. The muzzleloader, while high and to the right, was a VERY consistent gun, and I can't wait to put a scope on that thing for next year. It will probably convince me to put away the shotgun. Whichever one we use, both will be very effective means of ecological balance restoration in our area.

Oh, have I done any updates on the crawl space project??? The hole is dug, it's about 3 feet deep and came past my waist when I stood in it. The sump pump basin is set in place, with drainage rock all around it. Now all I need is to scrounge the money for a sump pump, battery, PVC, and electric wire and we're ready to pump water out of our crawl space as it flows in. It'll be automagical! Someday when I have lots and lots of money to blow, I'll hire someone to come ruin my yard to put perimeter drains in so's the pump will be much less necessary.

Glorianna, as you can probably read on wifey's blog, has been teething lately, and has 3 modes, upset, happy, or sleeping. There's really no middle ground, and she shifts from one to the other in an instant.

The boys are growing and learning and are generally just a thrill to have around in my book. I don't get enough time with them...just another reason I think we should have 30 hour days, with no increase in work hours. Alternative to that idea would be to decrease work days to 6 hours (or less) per day while keeping at the current 5 day work week. Since the former would require God to change laws of nature, I think the latter has a better option of succeeding, but I'm not holding my breath.

We're considering the possibility of going to Florida for the New Years weekend. I've been invited to speak at my good friend's church down there. AnnaMay wants to see sea world, and another friend we have made over the internet, who lives in central Florida on the way down. They mentioned something about girl-time and shopping. That's kinda scary.

AnnaMay and I got the shopping done for the boys Saturday. All their Christmas presents are taken care of. That's good to have done before the rush.

That's all I can think of for an update at the moment. For those that were looking for humor and witticism, well...maybe another post. This one just let's the fam know what I've been up to.

Oh, and in case anyone is interested in what I would like for Christmas, I have taken the liberty of making it easy for you:

My Amazon.com Wish List



latah!!

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile