Vacation!
Yup! We're on Vacation!
We're near the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee!
This vacation almost totally courtesy of Joeboy!
The first part of the vacation (ie the trip) was a bit stressful. The drive was ok, until we got about 30 miles away. The last should have been 40 minutes of the trip, took 4 hours. Some car show going on, or teenage rally, or some such stuff. 3 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic forever!! We didn't get checked in to the hotel till 11:30 or so. What should have been 4 hours and 45 minutes took 8 hours.
Kids don't like traffic.
uhm..
Neither do parents.
Anyhoo... It's all good, we were in fine spirits...we were at the hotel, there's the room...soon to rest and relax!!
Then we waded through the neighboring room inhabitants smoke...
eeeewwwww...
So, anyhow... what do you do when the traffic and smoke get you down??
You leave civilization!! You go camping! (note to Joe, we still have the room, else how would I be blogging? I tried from the campsite, no signal...)
Anyhoo... some pictures of the first few days.
Here's me n the kids ready for our first little hike. This hike was a little warm up for the hike the next day.
We're near the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee!
This vacation almost totally courtesy of Joeboy!
The first part of the vacation (ie the trip) was a bit stressful. The drive was ok, until we got about 30 miles away. The last should have been 40 minutes of the trip, took 4 hours. Some car show going on, or teenage rally, or some such stuff. 3 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic forever!! We didn't get checked in to the hotel till 11:30 or so. What should have been 4 hours and 45 minutes took 8 hours.
Kids don't like traffic.
uhm..
Neither do parents.
Anyhoo... It's all good, we were in fine spirits...we were at the hotel, there's the room...soon to rest and relax!!
Then we waded through the neighboring room inhabitants smoke...
eeeewwwww...
So, anyhow... what do you do when the traffic and smoke get you down??
You leave civilization!! You go camping! (note to Joe, we still have the room, else how would I be blogging? I tried from the campsite, no signal...)
Anyhoo... some pictures of the first few days.
Here's me n the kids ready for our first little hike. This hike was a little warm up for the hike the next day.
Campin' Time!! Here's Zion roasting a marshmellow preparing for a nice smore. This was the first time we've gone camping as a family since AnnaMay and I got married!!
Abram's Falls. 2.5 mi each way. The lil troopers did great! (Mom and Dad are ok too)
Oh yes, quick side note. AnnaMay and I had a short discussion on whether or not God created the ground hard or not in the beginning. I said initially that God didn't create the ground for man to lie on, but then I thought about it, and man did sleep on the ground in the beginning, so God must have created it for him to lie on. So I think in the beginning the ground was soft, before God cursed it.
It sure wasn't soft last night.
So far, we've spent most of our time in the Smoky mountains camping and hiking. We're back at the hotel now, and plan on doing some mini golf, and other things in Pigeon Forge tomorrow. I'm sure the boys will think that's great. As for me, well, I'd love nothing better than a new air mattress, and go back to the campsite.
Anyoo...back hurts, shoulders hurt, tired... Good night!


Hahah--it always takes me a bit to get used to the ground--and that's with a Thermarest, too. It looks like y'all are having a blast--I'm already starting to miss Cade's Cove.
!!!Abram's Falls!!! That was the hike after which Sharon declared that ne're shall babies and hiking and she meet again. I think it was because of the hills coming back. And the fact that Ben was fishing that day.
Did you get to go to Townsend and eat BBQ? Lol--as if you didn't have enough to do otherwise. But along with being real pit barbeque, their fried dill pickles are awesome--assuming you like fried dill pickles.h
Sorry for the novel--God Bless y'all!
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:39 PM
Please, please don't mention those falls. Actually, I'm glad to hear that there's hope of making it up there and back with little 'uns without being physically bereft afterwards.
And, I must agree with Marie that if you like barbeque, you owe yourself the favor of Little River Barbeque on your way to I-75.
Posted by
New Mommy |
7:42 PM
Post a Comment