A Geocache, Mt Rushmore, and Church. (SD trip part III)
Saturday we woke up rather leisurely. I went to breakfast with Bro Jason, and AnnaMay went to the Mall with a 50 dollar bill. I came back full, she came back empty!! GAAAHH!! She got some nice skirts, which she needed, so at least she had something to show for it other than a big tummy, which is what I came back with.
After Tristan and family got up...(do they always sleep till 9:30 or 10?) we decided to meet at a park that I knew had a geocache, and then go to Mt. Rushmore as AnnaMay decided she wanted to see that again and get some pictures.
It was another beautiful day, and Zion and I found the cache while waiting for Tristan. This cache was a fairly clever hide. It was hidden in a wooden box that was painted white to match the ivy growing terrace thingy. (ya know, those gazebo looking things with lattice for the ivy to grow own?)
Tristan and company showed up to find the cache as well. Then we all piled back in our Mini-vans and headed to Mt Rushmore.
Ah yes, a small interjection here about 2 mini-vans and our 2 families. If we showed up somewhere we had to look like day-care providers or something. 2 mini-vans pull up, and the kids just flow out. 6 kids total in our party! 4 adults and 6 kids!!
Arriving at Mt Rushmore, we were consistently reinging the kids back. The adults were in for a leisurely stroll around this nice park, the kids were ready for a tri-athalon or something. I could hardly get upset tho...I'm sure I did the same thing at that age.
Here's some pictures of the boys, and the fam at Mt Rushmore.
After viewing the faces, we took off on the trail that has been made to the foot of the mountain. You get fairly close to it,lots closer that you used to be able to.
Here's a close-up picture of President Lincoln's face in the rock.
Azariah was incredible. There had to be like 500 steps, and he never once asked to be carried. Energizer bunny or something going on here. It was a beautiful walk tho, enjoyed by all.
After this we picked up a few things at the gift shop, and headed for Tristan's house. We lazed around while the kids played and went over to Dad's for dinner. We then started getting ready for church.
Dad offered to watch the boys while we went to the watchnight service. This was really nice since I was preaching for part of the service, and AnnaMay would have been left alone with 2 tired boys. So we headed off to service and it was a wonderful time. Songs were great, I enjoyed my sermon and Bro Peter's which went really well together. I spoke on "Desires of your heart" and Bro Peter spoke on "roll away the stone". I especially liked what he talked about on the woman that Elisha told to borrow pots and fill them with oil. The more pots she borrowed, the greater the blessing she recieved. "Anybody else got a pot I can borrow?" will be my next tag-line I think. All in all, a very good refreshing service.
We came home happy and tired, the boys already asleep. Later reports from the Grandpa and Aunts said the boys went to sleep just fine for them. What a blessing!
Until part IV.
-Trevor
After Tristan and family got up...(do they always sleep till 9:30 or 10?) we decided to meet at a park that I knew had a geocache, and then go to Mt. Rushmore as AnnaMay decided she wanted to see that again and get some pictures.
It was another beautiful day, and Zion and I found the cache while waiting for Tristan. This cache was a fairly clever hide. It was hidden in a wooden box that was painted white to match the ivy growing terrace thingy. (ya know, those gazebo looking things with lattice for the ivy to grow own?)
Tristan and company showed up to find the cache as well. Then we all piled back in our Mini-vans and headed to Mt Rushmore.
Ah yes, a small interjection here about 2 mini-vans and our 2 families. If we showed up somewhere we had to look like day-care providers or something. 2 mini-vans pull up, and the kids just flow out. 6 kids total in our party! 4 adults and 6 kids!!
Arriving at Mt Rushmore, we were consistently reinging the kids back. The adults were in for a leisurely stroll around this nice park, the kids were ready for a tri-athalon or something. I could hardly get upset tho...I'm sure I did the same thing at that age.
Here's some pictures of the boys, and the fam at Mt Rushmore.
After viewing the faces, we took off on the trail that has been made to the foot of the mountain. You get fairly close to it,lots closer that you used to be able to.
Here's a close-up picture of President Lincoln's face in the rock.
Azariah was incredible. There had to be like 500 steps, and he never once asked to be carried. Energizer bunny or something going on here. It was a beautiful walk tho, enjoyed by all.
After this we picked up a few things at the gift shop, and headed for Tristan's house. We lazed around while the kids played and went over to Dad's for dinner. We then started getting ready for church.
Dad offered to watch the boys while we went to the watchnight service. This was really nice since I was preaching for part of the service, and AnnaMay would have been left alone with 2 tired boys. So we headed off to service and it was a wonderful time. Songs were great, I enjoyed my sermon and Bro Peter's which went really well together. I spoke on "Desires of your heart" and Bro Peter spoke on "roll away the stone". I especially liked what he talked about on the woman that Elisha told to borrow pots and fill them with oil. The more pots she borrowed, the greater the blessing she recieved. "Anybody else got a pot I can borrow?" will be my next tag-line I think. All in all, a very good refreshing service.
We came home happy and tired, the boys already asleep. Later reports from the Grandpa and Aunts said the boys went to sleep just fine for them. What a blessing!
Until part IV.
-Trevor





Post a Comment