« Home | Christmas at our house » | Shameless plug for stuff. » | Mr. Mom or Props to my wife. » | A nice Saturday. » | Picture with a Tiger » | Coffee and Snow » | Road trip to VA » | the back of the daily dilber calendar » | Zion, in black and white. » | Hi, I'm Azariah. »

South Dakota Trip. Part I - The floor and the onion

And they're off!! The adventure begins!!

Yes, we left home at approx. 10 AM on Wednesday morning to spend the weekend with my family in South Dakota.

We've recently equipped ourselves with the ultimate in kid travel entertainment - the dual screen DVD player. This entertained the kids quite nicely and made for a rather smooth trip.

After we put in a nice 16 hours of driving the first day, (of which Samuel the bro-in-law drove 1 hr...1 hr!) we pulled in to Sioux City, SD to a nice Comfort Inn. After some wrangling and trying to get everyone situated, I ended up on the floor. I'm too nice, but I guess I decided sleeping on the floor, was better than trying to sleep in the bed and listening to a kid whine or get up constantly or something like that.

The night passed by uneventfully after we all fell asleep. The floor was nice and firm, no pad to deal with under the carpet. After all, that would have made it softer, and that wouldn't have been nice would it? AnnaMay proclaimed in the morning "this bed is as hard as a rock"...I told her I didn't want to hear it..I slept on CONCRETE with some stiching called carpet on top of it. I got up and laid in the bed...it felt like the softest and most plush mattress I'd ever sank into in my life.

It should be noted here that I need to go on a diet...a standard sleeping bag just seems to small for me. I will have to join Joeboy in his exercise and diet routine.

So our beloved child Azariah decides to wake up at a nice 7 AM. Lovely child...really he is. Everyone laid around in denial that he was awake and trying to get everyone else up, but I eventually decided if I wasn't sleeping, we might as well be getting ready to go. So I got dressed and took the boys down to grab some breakfast.

We finished the 6 more hours of driving today, and South Dakota road weather didn't let us down. Right around Wall we started encountering the traditional blowing snow and slick, slushy roads. Ahh...I feel as if I'm really home now.

And so it was that we arrived at home in South Dakota without mishap, in fairly good spirits, but ready to relax some.

To top the day off, Danielle asked for some help making dinner. She requested I chop the onions as she hated that job. "ok, I candle handle that" I think to myself. After enough tears to fill the entire missouri riverbed with 1 ft of water, I had "nuclear onion" all chopped up. To those of my readers that don't know me very well, (Do I have readers that don't know me? leave a comment so I'll know) Anyhow...after all those tears and I finish chopping the onion...(keep in mind I really don't like onions)...Danielle reports to me "thanks, I really hate doing that, and if you wouldn't have done that, we probably just would have went without onions".

GAAAHHHH!!

So tonight, I will enjoy our onion chili, but my kids will sleep on the floor whether they like it or not. A guy can only take so much.

Anyhoo...Gotta help the kid...he's swinging a snake around...

Ahhh!!!!

-Trevor

It was nice to see your post. I was earching for the 2 message ministers blog spot and happen to see the familiar name of Anna May Emond. It was a blessing to read her blog and to see a link for her hubby. I clicked on the link and have the wonderful opportunity to read of my precious friend's trip to South Dakota. I guess I can keep up with you now that I have found this blog spot. Happy New Year to you and the family. Enjoy your much needed trip. I hope you win the battle with your sons. I will patiently await my daily email messages. The Lord bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you. Your friend from Florida.

Yah this is man who laugh hard when read blog. You must be some big funny man. HAAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile