« Home | South Dakota Trip. Part I - The floor and the onion » | Christmas at our house » | Shameless plug for stuff. » | Mr. Mom or Props to my wife. » | A nice Saturday. » | Picture with a Tiger » | Coffee and Snow » | Road trip to VA » | the back of the daily dilber calendar » | Zion, in black and white. »

Sledding, Shopping, and Pizza (SD trip part II)

Friday we woke up feeling fairly refreshed after our trip. AnnaMay made some nice eggs in toast for me which, combined with a bowl of this yummy granola stuff Dad had lying around, was a fantastic breakfast! Nelly, Telly, and Dad all had to work today, so the plan was to meet up with Tristan and his family.

As you've previously read in part I there was snow on the ground. Enough to go sledding actually, although just barely. To top it off, it was a beautiful sunny day!

So we called Tristan and I went and rummaged through the garage to find some old sleds and some inner tubes. Can you believe the sleds I found were the ones we've had since Steve and I used to sled down the same hill as young teenagers. In sled years, those things are in their dying days I tell you what. Still, we weren't doing any competition sleeding, so those would be fine.

While we waited for Tristan to call and say he was ready, I pulled the boys around on the sled.





So off we went to the big civic center hill. Since it had been many years since I used to sled down this hill, I figured it would be small since I've grown since the last time I was there. I remembered it as being rather a large hill. After climbing to the top from the parking lot below, I can attest, it is still a decent sized hill.

Here's AnnaMay at the top!




So the fun proceeded and we had a great time sledding down the hill for a little while. The icy parking lot at the bottom was a decent little bump that got to you after awhile. We had a great time. Here's some pictures of the event.

The boys and I are about to go down.




Tristan and Zion shoooshing





After sledding we went back to Tristan's for lunch, and then left again to do some shopping. After a few stops, we went to Borders, where my sister Telly works. We were just mingling around when behind us came a familiar voice "hello, may I help you?" Turning we found the nice borders bookseller person Telly. "Yes, may I see your Ipod accessories?" Azariah wanted to go see something else, but I told him he had to wait while "the nice lady" showed us what daddy wanted to see. It was kinda funny to play like she was "helping us" and just chit-chat for awhile. Telly introduced us to a few co-workers and then we ordered some coffee from Seattle's Best.

Then we went back to Tristan and Sarah's for some homemade pizza. I showed everyone the Diabolo, and Michael showed Zion his "Mr Incredible" game. Zion now goes around trying to freeze people like Frozone does.

We all sat around and watched "Kronk's new groove", which had some funny parts. I think that about summed up the day.

Until part III! Coming soon!

-Trevor

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile