« Home | I love Ice Cream » | RackNo! » | Bible Trivia II » | Bible Trivia » | Here's the most recent family picture! It's hard ... » | I'm not a nerd! » | Zion is 4!! » | It's a done deal!! » | Finally decided » | House Buying II »

The Fort and the drain.

I finished the fort. Well, mostly anyway. Enough for the boys to play on without it falling on top of them or them falling off of it. The sandbox is deep, the slide is slick, and it's ready for playing. Zion needs to take a crash course on the fine art of imagining himself somewhere else. I told him to check out the "big section" which is the larger higher deck. So he climbs the ladder, and turns around and says "Daddy, there's nothing to play with up here". Argh! You're supposed to imagine your Robin Hood in his hideout or something like that!! Grrr... I guess I'll have to go up there and pretend I'm little John with him or something so he gets the idea.

AnnaMay told me that our drain stopped working. This was last Wednesday. So I talked to a plumber and got some ideas. I messed with it for a couple days...and just generally hoped for the problem to go away. Tried some draino, had a buddy look at it. Borrowed a hand held snake from another buddy. Nothing worked. Finally Sunday evening I couldn't take it any more. I was desperate...and I had sprang another leak. I called the guy that inspires fear into the hearts of any project needing someone crazy to fix. I called J.P. So we descended into the crawl space...and started taking pipes apart to find the clog. After finding it, and realizing that commercial snakes wouldn't work because I have thinner copper pipes than is currently in use today, we opted for the sulpheric-acid-drain-unclogger-don't-get-any-on-you stuff. After leaving it all night, the clog seemed to be a bunch of lose yucky stuff the next day, versus it being a bunch of tightly packed yucky stuff the day before. So we poured the rest of the bottle of SADUDGAOY stuff in there, and gave it a half hour. This was enough to thoroughly clean out my pipes, and generally make the entire neighborhood smell like sulphur.

My pipes are now clear tho!! We can wash dishes in the sink again!!

Oh the joys of home ownership.

Room painting will resume soon. My office is going to look cool. I can see it.

Interesting stuff no?

-Trevor

About me

  • I'm Bro Trevor
  • From Sellersburg, Indiana, United States
My profile