Atlanta Trip
Well, we're back home from a week in Atlanta. The city formerly known as "no-gas-here".
I felt like I was living a part of our nation's history, I sat in a gas line for an hour and a half. It reminds me of when my mother-in-law talks about the gas rationing they used to have. It felt so, "depression era-esq".
The purpose of the trip was to take a class on SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance. I learned alot and thought the class was very informative. I'm sure it was worth my company's money. (not sure it would have been worth my own!)
I took the whole fam, and we stayed at Bob and Monica's place. Bob and I did the Atlanta Commute every day. We got up early, drove to the bus stop, boarded the bus, got off at the train station, boarded the train, got off and then walked to our respective destinations.
I spent most mornings between commute and class at the local Panera Bread. A nice way to spend a morning, I must say. Peaceful music, good food, and a solid internet connection. The hike to the classroom was a decent one tho. It typically took me 20 minutes from Panera to class. If I was leaving the class room, there was a decent 1/2 mile hike uphill to get anywhere. My shin muscles were on FIRE a couple of days. Of course, I cannot slow down any when I set off to a destination, I had to maintain a healthy heart-rate raising stride.
I found the anti-inflamatory powers of 400mg of Advil to be very nice.
After my many hikes to various restaurants for food and back to class, we came upon Friday. Friday evening a few friends joined us at Bob's house, and we played Imagineiff, and had a nice bon-fire. The kids ran around like crazed maniacs and everyone had a good time.
Saturday we awoke (some faster than others) and went to the Brer Rabbit and friends show at the Center for the Puppetry arts. This was a great show, with excellent music and funny acts. I could sooo get into puppetry. After we dined at The Varsity where Bob raved about the burger-things they had. I just wondered what the fuss was about. It was a true downtown Atlanta experience I guess.
Sunday we attended church with Bob and Monica. We enjoyed the services and fellowship. I also got a taste of Georgia with a quick trip between services to JeaMor Farms. Joe decided I needed to try boiled peanuts. I thought they tasted very similar to asparagus. Actually I'd rather eat asparagus. I also tried the local fare with peach ice cream, and a dried peach fried pie. The ice cream was good. The pie was ok.
On the way home from the evening service, we stopped at Five Guys for some yummy burgers. Bob admitted these were better than the Varsity's. (No wonder, they actually use beef at Five Guys) Bob and I almost got into an eating contest...I was sure ready for it!
All in all, a good trip. A nice vacawork.
Next trip: Missionary Trip to Haiti Oct 29th!
I felt like I was living a part of our nation's history, I sat in a gas line for an hour and a half. It reminds me of when my mother-in-law talks about the gas rationing they used to have. It felt so, "depression era-esq".
The purpose of the trip was to take a class on SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance. I learned alot and thought the class was very informative. I'm sure it was worth my company's money. (not sure it would have been worth my own!)
I took the whole fam, and we stayed at Bob and Monica's place. Bob and I did the Atlanta Commute every day. We got up early, drove to the bus stop, boarded the bus, got off at the train station, boarded the train, got off and then walked to our respective destinations.
I spent most mornings between commute and class at the local Panera Bread. A nice way to spend a morning, I must say. Peaceful music, good food, and a solid internet connection. The hike to the classroom was a decent one tho. It typically took me 20 minutes from Panera to class. If I was leaving the class room, there was a decent 1/2 mile hike uphill to get anywhere. My shin muscles were on FIRE a couple of days. Of course, I cannot slow down any when I set off to a destination, I had to maintain a healthy heart-rate raising stride.
I found the anti-inflamatory powers of 400mg of Advil to be very nice.
After my many hikes to various restaurants for food and back to class, we came upon Friday. Friday evening a few friends joined us at Bob's house, and we played Imagineiff, and had a nice bon-fire. The kids ran around like crazed maniacs and everyone had a good time.
Saturday we awoke (some faster than others) and went to the Brer Rabbit and friends show at the Center for the Puppetry arts. This was a great show, with excellent music and funny acts. I could sooo get into puppetry. After we dined at The Varsity where Bob raved about the burger-things they had. I just wondered what the fuss was about. It was a true downtown Atlanta experience I guess.
Sunday we attended church with Bob and Monica. We enjoyed the services and fellowship. I also got a taste of Georgia with a quick trip between services to JeaMor Farms. Joe decided I needed to try boiled peanuts. I thought they tasted very similar to asparagus. Actually I'd rather eat asparagus. I also tried the local fare with peach ice cream, and a dried peach fried pie. The ice cream was good. The pie was ok.
On the way home from the evening service, we stopped at Five Guys for some yummy burgers. Bob admitted these were better than the Varsity's. (No wonder, they actually use beef at Five Guys) Bob and I almost got into an eating contest...I was sure ready for it!
All in all, a good trip. A nice vacawork.
Next trip: Missionary Trip to Haiti Oct 29th!

Hey cool! I can get your blog downloaded to my account now! Even though I don't have an actual blog... Should I? would you read it if I did? :)
Telly
Posted by
Telly |
12:58 PM
Nice Post! And nice visit! Y'all are always fun to have around.
You're a very entrenched Yankee though. Maybe next time you'll be ready to go Rebel crazy on a bag of boiled peanuts!
And I must offer a correction. You were so not ready for that eating contest. Chortle.
Posted by
Bob B |
2:29 PM
HA!!!
You, ME, 5 guys. Anytime man. Anytime!!
Posted by
Bro Trevor |
2:33 PM
It's on now. IT IS ON!!!
Posted by
Bob B |
2:39 PM
Speaking of being a Yankee tho.
Next time we come down, I want to see Stone Mountain, and there's a museum that was like a Southern Civil War museum we saw a billboard ad for, that looked really cool. I want to go there too.
Posted by
Bro Trevor |
2:40 PM
No offense...but Atlanta doesn't know how to boil peanuts...you gotta come further south for good ones! Then you'll want to learn the art of boilin' em! :-)
~CP
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:00 PM
Post a Comment