Tomato Harvest!!

The Tomato harvest is going well this year. We have frozen some bags of sauce made from the Roma's and I'm just going through the red rounds' that we have. They are perfect for my egg sandwiches in the morning.
I have about this many almost on the counter again, so I'm rather pleased. Next year I plan to triple the amount of Roma's we plant, but to keep the red rounds about the same. We'll have our Tomato sauce for the year if I do that.
I also did a late summer plant. I have Zucchini coming up again, and a few stalks of corn. The stupid squirrels dug up and ate half the corn seed. Little buggers, if they would have waited they would have had 10 times each kernel. I had planned to try some deterrent once the stalks got big, I didn't realize the squirrels would dig up my planted corn seed!!
My pepper plants are the most beautiful pepper plants I have ever seen. Dark green, bushy, and rich looking. They don't have any peppers yet tho. I'm a little worried about that one.


Nice looking tomatos, and your garden sounds great. Someday when I have a bigger yard, I'll do more.
Our tomato plants (mostly the cherry tomato variety) are in full production now, and I just picked about 15 today. We lost about 10 from them splitting open on the vine (I guess from the rain... they were out in the open while we were away).
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:53 PM
Post a Comment