plumbing woes
For the last few weeks, we've had a problem with our main sewer line that connects our house to the street. It would only take so much at a time. 3 loads of wash would bring a bit of water up the floor drain.
So I knew I was gonna have to get it snaked, and was ready to call the plumber. Then we had this HUGE storm Monday night. I read reports that say it only rained 5 inches, but that came down really fast.
So Tuesday morning AnnaMay and i wake up to a nasty smell in the house. Lo and behold it's the smell of our crawl space flooding into our basement. Of course, the floor drain can only handle about 3 loads of wash equivalent, so it quickly fills...and slowly drains.
So I dunno how long it's going to take to drain to the point to where we can flush the toilet again...but the plumber can't make it out till Friday.
but...I have good news...
and it has nothing to do with saving money on car insurance.
I was given a nice piece of carpet and pad for the office in the basement, but because I wasn't finished painting, and the installer didn't have time...we never installed the carpet. It's safe and dry in my garage right now!! Praise God!
It wouldn't have been happy had that just been replaced. yay!
-Trevor

Post a Comment