I guess it's funny how you can hear news one day that will totally change your world. You had been going along, minding your own business, and then suddenly, wham! - seems like everything has changed. People change, you change. It's amazing how the news you hear can be seemingly so terrible, and yet do you so much good at the same time.
I have to say, if you pray and ask the Lord for something - just be ready to recieve it. If you ask the Lord to make you desperate for more of Him - hold on. I guess it's wonderful tho that HE still answers. I like it when God just comes down and manifests himself to you...it's really very wonderful, and it always renews your faith.
Dad said to me last night..."we've been following this message for 10 years and where has it brought us?" His answer I believe differed from mine...but it did make me think. Where has it brought me? Am I closer to the Lord? In part I believe I am...why am I not farther up the road tho? 10 years is a long time... My answer is not putting fault in what I've been hearing tho...but putting fault in myself. When have I given myself so much that God could walk through me to move my legs farther up the road. Is it something I'm just going to do by myself? - No. I can yeild myself more however...and then God can stir these legs, and while it'll look like me walking, it will really be him. It starts with me getting serious tho... Another thing Dad said was "this message is very easy...it's all laid out for you, you don't have to think...you don't have to really get to know God on your own...it's all there". Again, I differed with Dad on where this thought took us but it was a good observation. I believe however, that while on the surface, that is entirely correct, there is a place of getting to know God on your own...This is the key I believe. Your daily walk with the Lord. I know that some have decided this was most important and left off the message for this, but I believe that a daily walk with the Lord, within the contexts of this message is much more profitable. The problem with us in the message is that we do just let it be our guide. We don't strive for the "mark of the high calling" anymore...why should we? Haven't we arrived? Don't we have "all we need?" No, I don't believe we have or do...I'm certain dad was right on that point. Again I don't believe that's any fault with the message...but the fact that we've stopped trying! We've put on our message mold and go through our message motions...but we've forgotten to pursue a relationship with the One we are supposed to be loving!
I've decided that there is something I CAN do. I can give more of myself to the Lord, that HE can use me...that HE can bring me to where He wants me to be. I can't just suddenly become an on-fire, dynamic, full-of-the-Holy-Ghost Christian on my own...there's no switch you turn your Christianity on or off. I can't make this happen on my own... Jesus said "I can do nothing but what the father shows me". I just want to get myself to the point where I am watching for what He is showing...where I have enough of myself out of the way, that I can see it when it comes. I want to stay prayed up so I'm not missing the blessings that God is sending.
Too long have we sat in our seats and just "let the tapes soak into us." The end time is closer than ever...the cry is on my heart to GET SERIOUS! I'm throwing out the T.V. I'm "laying aside the sin that doth so easily beset us" Why do we let it linger?? Why do we accept portions of this world we have been told is not right? Do we not believe? NO. WE DON'T! When the message says "get rid of the T.V. or that movies are of the world"...I got a news flash for us all...our works testify of our faith!! When we do the opposite of what the message says, we are only showing the Lord we do NOT believe. I'm not preaching works here...I'm just saying...if we want to know where our faith is...perhaps we should look at the works that are testifying of our faith! If it doesn't line up with what we "think our faith is"...then maybe we don't REALLY believe what we think we believe! If we just go a little ways....take a step toward God...start walking with Him, He'll give us the faith...and these things will go away of their own!! God will take them!! But he can't if we are not willing to let them go!!
I'm going to make as much effort as I can...I'm going to create the atmosphere I live in to be the one God would be happy in. I'm going to show Him I love Him. I am going to welcome Him into every aspect of my life. If my wife doesn't want to go somewhere....I either go without her, or don't go at all. When it comes to the Lord, I never want to be without Him...so if He doesn't want to go somewhere with me...I'm not going there either!
Maybe I've rambled enough...but I've needed it. Maybe it'll help someone else too...
in desperation for a life manifesting the Lord Jesus Christ on this earth,
-Trevor
I have to say, if you pray and ask the Lord for something - just be ready to recieve it. If you ask the Lord to make you desperate for more of Him - hold on. I guess it's wonderful tho that HE still answers. I like it when God just comes down and manifests himself to you...it's really very wonderful, and it always renews your faith.
Dad said to me last night..."we've been following this message for 10 years and where has it brought us?" His answer I believe differed from mine...but it did make me think. Where has it brought me? Am I closer to the Lord? In part I believe I am...why am I not farther up the road tho? 10 years is a long time... My answer is not putting fault in what I've been hearing tho...but putting fault in myself. When have I given myself so much that God could walk through me to move my legs farther up the road. Is it something I'm just going to do by myself? - No. I can yeild myself more however...and then God can stir these legs, and while it'll look like me walking, it will really be him. It starts with me getting serious tho... Another thing Dad said was "this message is very easy...it's all laid out for you, you don't have to think...you don't have to really get to know God on your own...it's all there". Again, I differed with Dad on where this thought took us but it was a good observation. I believe however, that while on the surface, that is entirely correct, there is a place of getting to know God on your own...This is the key I believe. Your daily walk with the Lord. I know that some have decided this was most important and left off the message for this, but I believe that a daily walk with the Lord, within the contexts of this message is much more profitable. The problem with us in the message is that we do just let it be our guide. We don't strive for the "mark of the high calling" anymore...why should we? Haven't we arrived? Don't we have "all we need?" No, I don't believe we have or do...I'm certain dad was right on that point. Again I don't believe that's any fault with the message...but the fact that we've stopped trying! We've put on our message mold and go through our message motions...but we've forgotten to pursue a relationship with the One we are supposed to be loving!
I've decided that there is something I CAN do. I can give more of myself to the Lord, that HE can use me...that HE can bring me to where He wants me to be. I can't just suddenly become an on-fire, dynamic, full-of-the-Holy-Ghost Christian on my own...there's no switch you turn your Christianity on or off. I can't make this happen on my own... Jesus said "I can do nothing but what the father shows me". I just want to get myself to the point where I am watching for what He is showing...where I have enough of myself out of the way, that I can see it when it comes. I want to stay prayed up so I'm not missing the blessings that God is sending.
Too long have we sat in our seats and just "let the tapes soak into us." The end time is closer than ever...the cry is on my heart to GET SERIOUS! I'm throwing out the T.V. I'm "laying aside the sin that doth so easily beset us" Why do we let it linger?? Why do we accept portions of this world we have been told is not right? Do we not believe? NO. WE DON'T! When the message says "get rid of the T.V. or that movies are of the world"...I got a news flash for us all...our works testify of our faith!! When we do the opposite of what the message says, we are only showing the Lord we do NOT believe. I'm not preaching works here...I'm just saying...if we want to know where our faith is...perhaps we should look at the works that are testifying of our faith! If it doesn't line up with what we "think our faith is"...then maybe we don't REALLY believe what we think we believe! If we just go a little ways....take a step toward God...start walking with Him, He'll give us the faith...and these things will go away of their own!! God will take them!! But he can't if we are not willing to let them go!!
I'm going to make as much effort as I can...I'm going to create the atmosphere I live in to be the one God would be happy in. I'm going to show Him I love Him. I am going to welcome Him into every aspect of my life. If my wife doesn't want to go somewhere....I either go without her, or don't go at all. When it comes to the Lord, I never want to be without Him...so if He doesn't want to go somewhere with me...I'm not going there either!
Maybe I've rambled enough...but I've needed it. Maybe it'll help someone else too...
in desperation for a life manifesting the Lord Jesus Christ on this earth,
-Trevor

Post a Comment