Kayaks and yard sales...
Had a really nice time this weekend. AnnaMay and I went out to a bunch of yard sales. There was a big neighborhood sale we hit.
We bought the boys a game, a puzzle, and a big tub of playdough stuff. I also bought what I thought was a nice looking practically new VCR to put on the monitor for Azariah so he can watch blues clues and such. Either it's too technical of a VCR for me, or it just doesn't work. Thinking about going back to that house and knocking on the door asking for my money back. Anyhoo...
I also bought a car seat to stick in my truck so I don't have to drag Azariah's car seat back and forth. This means my explorer's back seat will now have 2 car seats...
Then I found a exercise bike... They wanted 30, the guy said he'd give it to me for 10 bucks...but before I could say "SOLD" the guys wife says... "i don't know if I want to give it away THAT cheap" so he relented and told me 20. It was nice enough, and AnnaMay is going to get back into it now that she's not pregnant anymore...so rather than getting our old one back from the sister we loaned it to, I just bought this one. It works your arms too... I might even try to get myself on a schedule of using the thing.
So we got some good stuff pretty cheap anyhow. I like it when a nicer neighborhood has a good yard sale. Last year I bought out a guys camping stuff...wish I woulda had more money that day.
Then Steve came by and we drove like bandits trying to get to the kayaking place on time to make our reservation time. We had to bend over backwards telling them we wouldn't drown and we weren't idiots...so they took us up to the Whitewater Hair-raiser and not once did my hair raise. It was more adventurous than any of the other parts of the river...but wasn't near what they made it out to be. It was, however, a very beautiful scenic trip, I wish I would have had a camera...
Didn't do much Sunday but laze around. Azariah was sick and cranky so we didn't sleep well. I did enjoy the communion service... man... sometimes I just want to hit the altar and just dive into the presence of God.
Later all!
We bought the boys a game, a puzzle, and a big tub of playdough stuff. I also bought what I thought was a nice looking practically new VCR to put on the monitor for Azariah so he can watch blues clues and such. Either it's too technical of a VCR for me, or it just doesn't work. Thinking about going back to that house and knocking on the door asking for my money back. Anyhoo...
I also bought a car seat to stick in my truck so I don't have to drag Azariah's car seat back and forth. This means my explorer's back seat will now have 2 car seats...
Then I found a exercise bike... They wanted 30, the guy said he'd give it to me for 10 bucks...but before I could say "SOLD" the guys wife says... "i don't know if I want to give it away THAT cheap" so he relented and told me 20. It was nice enough, and AnnaMay is going to get back into it now that she's not pregnant anymore...so rather than getting our old one back from the sister we loaned it to, I just bought this one. It works your arms too... I might even try to get myself on a schedule of using the thing.
So we got some good stuff pretty cheap anyhow. I like it when a nicer neighborhood has a good yard sale. Last year I bought out a guys camping stuff...wish I woulda had more money that day.
Then Steve came by and we drove like bandits trying to get to the kayaking place on time to make our reservation time. We had to bend over backwards telling them we wouldn't drown and we weren't idiots...so they took us up to the Whitewater Hair-raiser and not once did my hair raise. It was more adventurous than any of the other parts of the river...but wasn't near what they made it out to be. It was, however, a very beautiful scenic trip, I wish I would have had a camera...
Didn't do much Sunday but laze around. Azariah was sick and cranky so we didn't sleep well. I did enjoy the communion service... man... sometimes I just want to hit the altar and just dive into the presence of God.
Later all!

Post a Comment